I am Hermana Makayla Dibb, a missionary representing The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints! I am serving in the Guatemala Guatemala City Central mission!

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

7 Abril 2015

Hola!!

General Conference was great! We watched it here but in Spanish... I didnt understand a lot of it, but it was so cool for me because I learned what I needed to learn. Through the spirit. He is the true teacher in all that we learn in the gospel! I am so grateful for the opportunity we had to listen to our living prophet and apostles. They are truly Gods voice here in the earth and we should listen to everything they say! I encourage you all to choose something you learned from conference and apply it in your life! That is when you will really gain a testimony of the thing you learned!

Some funny things that happened this week. There was a guy walking around and he had a leash with an animal on it. I was contacting someone so I didnt see what it was right away. And then when I was done talking to them I walked away to where my companion was talking to someone and saw that he had a racoon on his leash. hahaha. He was just walking around with his raccoon... hahah. So strange! And also another fun animal story. Last night we were washing our feet and I was on the phone with the district leader and all of a sudden I saw something flying around in the house and I started walking to see what it was and it flew at me and almost ran into me! It was a nasty little bat!! Hahahaha. Too good. We both screamed and ran and it flew out but oh man... We were so scared!!

I was reading in this awesome book. I think it is called Our Search for Happiness. And I came across this paragraph that I love. I want to share it! It says "That´s the way it is when Jesus Christ becomes a reality in your life. It isn´t that He somehow makes you do things that you wouldnt do otherwise. Rather, you find yourself wanting to do what He would do and respond as He would respond in an effort to bring your life into harmony with His. And an interesting thing happens whenever you attempt to place your feet in Christs footsteps. If you really concentrate on trying to walk the way He walked - loving, caring, serving, and obeying each step of the way - one day youll look up and discover that His path has led you directly to the throne of God. For that is and ever has been His great purpose and mission: to lead us to our Heavenly Father so we can dwell with Him in His heavenly home."

I love you all! Have an amazing week!!

Love,
Hermana Dibb

No comments:

Post a Comment