I am Hermana Makayla Dibb, a missionary representing The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints! I am serving in the Guatemala Guatemala City Central mission!

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Castigo Maya

This last week, they voted here in Guatemala and it was super crazy before voting in San Lucas because 4 years ago there were so many problems. Everyone was so scared for voting. The problem is that here in the Zone of Solola the people still use the castigo maya. which is burning. They burn people to death and they burn buildings. Pretty much when something doesn't go right or how they want they burn it. hahah.  There was talk that if one of the guys won as mayor they were going to burn him and the buildings that supported him and everything. But the good thing is that elections are over and he didn't win so no one was burned. Until the next criminal...

Also something fun that happened yesterday. I received my first... and last.... hair "trim" in Guatemala. "just the ends" I said... hahah. And now my hair is even shorter than before the mission! oh well!! Good times!! I love Guatemala!!

I want you all to read in Luke 24 about the road to emmaus. I found a poem that is super awesome and I want to share it. it says...
what we think of as patience may acutally be perspective. The ability to see things as they really are gives us the courage to wait upon the Lord even when life take unexpected turns. The story of the road to Emmaus illustrates this principle beautifully.

Too often we are like those two
Who walked along the road.
We thnk that we are all alone
With none to share the load.

We do not see our loving friend
Beside us on our way.
Carrying us through life´s dark nights
Into a brighter day.

So as we walk our own roads to
Emmaus may we see
That we will never be alone
Unless we choose to be.

I love this so much!! It is so important to understand that we will never be alone. Christ will always be there.

I love you all so much and hope you have a great week! Always remember that you will never be alone. Remember that Christ loves you and will always be there to walk by your side.

Love,
Hermana Dibb

No comments:

Post a Comment