I am Hermana Makayla Dibb, a missionary representing The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints! I am serving in the Guatemala Guatemala City Central mission!

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Miracles

This week we seriously saw miracles!

We have an investigator named Merklin and he is 11. He is super awesome and understands everything. Long story short... His dad is a member and his mom left his dad for another man and took all the kids. But later returned and just left merklin here with his dad. We started teaching him a while ago and he was going to get baptized last week. But he said he wanted to wait for his mom to return to come to his baptism. So we said that is was okay and we were going to wait until the 31 of May. But we called his mom and she just made up a bunch of excuses to why she couldnt come. It was super sad. We told him and he said that he wasnt going to get baptized then. We didnt know what to do or what to say. We had a feeling to call the branch president to come have a lesson on Saturday night with us. During the lesson the Branch president said.. Can I speak with him a lone for a few minutes. And we said yes and left the house and the dad left as well. After we entered Merklin was smiling and said.. I am going to get baptized tomorrow. It was so crazy! We have no idea what the branch president said but it was so amazing to see the power that the spirit has and the power of revelation that he received. The spirit was so strong after this and Merklin was baptized on Sunday!!

I love the mission. I love Guatemala and I love La Gomera. We have cambios the next week but we will see what happens.. Ahhh. It scares me to think that I might leave La Gomera and my companion. But I will go where the Lord knows I need to be and with whom I need to be!

I love you all! Have a good week!!

Love,
Hermana Dibb

Merklins Baptism



Duck Face:)


we are men here in the mission. seriously... the elders are like girls and the hermanas are like men. super weird.  


I have changed so much on the mission. Seriously. But some things never change.... 





No comments:

Post a Comment