I am Hermana Makayla Dibb, a missionary representing The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints! I am serving in the Guatemala Guatemala City Central mission!

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

New Area

My transfer has been little hard. it was really difficult to leave people that I love, just like it was hard to leave home.  It was like leaving my other home... I never thought that I could love so many people so much. haahah.  My new area is good. It is hard to change but that's just how the mission is and I love the people here already. It makes me scared to think that I am going to have to say goodbye to them as well... haha. but i am so happy and grateful that I am able to be here meeting all these wonderful people.

The branch is small and still learning how to do everything.  On Sunday I was just sitting in sacrament meeting and the people were talking and afterwards the Branch President got up and said now we will hear some words from the Hermana Dibb. Hahahaha. No one told me before that I had to go up and talk. So I just had to wing it. But that happens a lot on the mission. It is always a little scary at first! But now I am not as scared to talk in front of people.

Geographically, this new area is the complete opposite of La Gomera.  It's not as hot.  There are a few volcanoes here but they dont erupt. They can erupt but they haven't erupted since I've been here. I literally live in the mountains usted. It is so crazy but it is beautiful. We have to walk and climb hills everyday that are crazy steep and it is so cool.

Have a wonderful week.

Love,

Hermana Dibb






No comments:

Post a Comment