I am Hermana Makayla Dibb, a missionary representing The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints! I am serving in the Guatemala Guatemala City Central mission!

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

In the Clouds

welp. I am not in La Gomera. We had emergency changes two days after changes. Oh man... It was probably the hardest thing ever. I said goodbye to so many people that I have grown to love with all my heart. We all cried and it was super hard to say goodbye to everyone and Hermana Martinez as well.

But something I have learned from this week is how important it is to accept the will of God. And not just accept it... but to align my will with His will, have faith and trust in it, and be happy. This can be hard at times. But it is something that we should all strive to do.

Now I am in San Lucas Toliman. In the mountains. Not just by the mountains. Literally in the mountains. Our area from one side to the other in a bus is probably about 3 hours in bus. There is a central part but then all throughout the mountains there are little towns with just a few houses. It is so different in everyway than La Gomera.... hahah... my surroundings, the weather, the climate, the people, and the language. Yes. They all speak a native dialect. Some can kind of speak spanish and some dont know spanish at all. For real. It is so different. But I love it. I love the people. And I love my companion as well. Her name is Hermana Miranda and she is from El Salvador. This is her last cambio in the mission. She is super awesome and I am learning a ton from her.

We travel in buses. big ones and small ones. But we also travel in something called a flete. It is a pick up truck and we all stand in the back of it. There are bars to hang on to. It is like a roller coaster ride because they drive like crazy here in Guatemala. It is super cool. And literally... This place is beautiful. We are pretty high up in altitude because sometimes we drive through the clouds. Sometimes I cant believe how beautiful it is.

I love you all so much and hope you have a good week!

Love,
Hermana Dibb

yulissa. she is going to get baptized tomorrow. the sister of daniel. she was a little bit upset I was being transferred and so was i... 


and this family... i love them with all of my heart. the family of maricruz.


from our roof


the lake atitlan from our roof


in santiago atitlan for our district meeting  



No comments:

Post a Comment