I am Hermana Makayla Dibb, a missionary representing The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints! I am serving in the Guatemala Guatemala City Central mission!

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

This Week!

So we had cambios on Wednesday and my new companion was Hermana Alvarado. She is from Chile. But after a few days in La Gomera with the hot sun, she had to leave because she has allergies to the sun! And now my companion is Hermana Martinez. We entered the field together! So we are learning and growing together! She is from El Salvador and is super pilas! Sometimes we dont really know what we are doing, but we are learning. We both just left our training! Hahah.

It is starting to rain!! Woo. Seriously. One night it rained like crazy. We were walking in the street with water almost up to our knees! It felt so good!! It usually rains starting at like 5 or 6. Or in the night. And our roof is like tin kind of and so it is so loud when it is raining hard! It even wakes me up! And I sleep through like everything. Hahah.

Something I have been thinking about a lot is obedience. Sometimes we try to justify our actions. Our reasons why we dont obey a certain commandment with exactness. But I have been thinking and there is no reason to do this. A commandment is a commandment for a reason. There are no ifs or buts. Our Heavenly Father knows what we need to do to be happy so he gives us commandments. He also gives us agency. We get to choose! Agency is a gift from God. What we do with our agency is how we demonstrate our love for our Heavenly Father. If we are grateful for all that we have we will obey with exactness.

 I love you all so much and hope you have a good week!!

Love,
Hermana Dibb

No comments:

Post a Comment