I am Hermana Makayla Dibb, a missionary representing The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints! I am serving in the Guatemala Guatemala City Central mission!

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

2 Weeks Left in the CCM

hola!

I can't believe I only have two more weeks! In two weeks from today I will be in the field!! CRAZY. I am excited though. And nervous!! I can understand pretty much everything.... just my replying is not so great. hahaha. But I will continue to try!!

Okay... So funny thing about Guatemala. Cars. Cars are horrible here. All day in class there is constant honking. They are not afraid to use their horns!! It's pretty funny. And they are pretty bad at driving!! 

So most days our schedule is pretty much the same here in the CCM. I am going to share that with you! We wake up at 630 and go play sports. Then we get ready and study. We eat breakfast at 8. Then we have class and study. Then we eat lunch at 12. Then we have class and study. Then we eat dinner at 5. Then we have class and study until it is time for bed. So... We have class ALL day. hahaha. For class we do different things. Our teachers only speak spanish to us and they get mad if we speak english. We study for investigators. We teach investigators. We have grammar lessons. We learn how to teach and we practice teaching with the latino districts!! It is very repetitive. Everyday. But I am grateful for it!! Trying to soak it all in and enjoy it!

So in sacrament meeting on Sundays they don't have a plan. After we take the sacrament they just call up people to give a talk on the spot. So we all are supposed to have a talk planned because you just never know! Well this last sunday I got called to give a talk!! My first talk in spanish!! I was so nervous but I did it! I talked about faith in Jesus Christ!

This week has been kind of hard. I can pretty much understand people when they speak to me but I am having a hard time replying. the language is difficult. And so so hard. My whole district has been having a hard time. And a lot of them have been getting lazy and not really trying. So my teacher shared something with us that hit me so hard. The mission is hard. Life is hard. When Christ atoned for our sins and trials and everything... that was hard. Christ knows. It's supposed to be hard. But through Christ and su Expiación we can do it!! I have two quotes I want to share that I love. I think they are both from Elder Holland. 
The first one says, "The path of salvation always goes through Gethsemene." Wow! Powerful. Life is hard! But if we endure and apply the atonement in our lives... We will make it and we will be happy!! I love it.
The second one says, "One of the great consolations of our mortality is that because Jesus walked such a long, lonely path utterly alone, we do not have to do so." I love this one. I love it so much. Christ is there for you. ALWAYS. Ask Him for help and he will help you. I know this to be true. Whenver we are teaching an investigator and I don't know what to say because I can't speak spanish... I just bear my testimony of Christ and the love he has for all of us. I bear my testimony about what he can and will help us with in our everyday lives. Always remember that He loves you and wants to help you.

I am almost out of time but I want to share my testimony in Spanish. I don't really know how to work this keyboard so I am not using accents and it is probably not completely correct but I am going to try! haha

Yo se que la iglesia de Jesucristo de los Santos de los Ultimos Dias es verdadera. Yo se que el libro de mormon es un otro testamento de Jesucristo. Yo se que el libro de mormon es las palabras de Dios. Yo se que Dios nos ama. Yo se que Dios envio a Jesucristo para nosotros. Yo se que por medio de Jesucristo y Su Expiación, podemos vivir con Dios y Jesucristo otra vez. Yo se que Jesucristo es nuestro Salvador. Yo se que Jesucristo quiere ayudar nosotros en todas cosas en nuestras vidas. En el nombre de Jesucristo, Amen. 

I love you all so much! And I hope you have an amazing week! 

Love,
Hermana Dibb

No comments:

Post a Comment